Wednesday, October 24 @ 9:00 pm - 12:00 am
California Kind consists of jam veterans Barry Sless, Rob Barraco, Pete Sears and John Molo teaming up with singer/ songwriter/guitarist Katie Skene to perform original music, classic Americana and rock n’ roll.
This fearless unit blends uninhibited jams, swamp blues, old style twang, traditional roots music, and southern soul into a musical truth that pushes forward the tradition of the California Jam Band movement.
In Sless, we’re talking about one of the most extraordinary “heart to fingertips” guitarists out there. He can make the angels sigh. In Barraco, we have a keyboardist who channels the muse with an endless torrent of melodic bubbles floating to the surface. In Sears, we hold reverence to a 50+ year warrior of the stage who is absolutely mesmerizing with his effortless bottom end grooves and immeasurable cool. In Molo, we stand in awe of a drummer with such fierce finesse and quadro-limbed elasticity. Last but not least, we smile upon the radiant light being of Skene who leads this band of pirates with confidence, swagger and luscious vocal resonance.
If you want to talk about “all-star band” pedigree, here ya go:
- Barry Sless (David Nelson Band, Phil Lesh, Moonalice, Cowboy Jazz)
- Rob Barraco (Phil Lesh Quintet, The Dead, Dark Star Orchestra, Chris Robinson)
- Pete Sears (David Nelson Band, Jefferson Starship, Hot Tuna, Moonalice)
- John Molo (Phil Lesh, David Nelson Band, Bruce Hornsby, Moonalice)
- Katie Skene (Col Bruce Hampton, Tommy Talton, Vinx)